|Doodle by Points Of Light Music.|
Sing Harmony, Hungry Hearts! (a.k.a. SHHH!*) in the Library is a monthly gathering of community singing. It's sometimes contemplative and quiet. At other times it's raucous and rowdy. I'll get the group started with some songs, but any one can lead a song.
WhenWe convene on the first Thursday of the month from 7-8:30 p.m. (New Time as of May 2017!) and fill up on the juicy sound bites we can create with our own voices. Upcoming dates are:
- Jun 1
- July 6
- No August date
WhereIn 2017 we are gathering at the East Side Freedom Library, a historic Carnegie library formerly housing the Arlington Hills branch located at 1105 Greenbrier St., St. Paul, MN. Check the sign inside to see if we are in the main library space or in the lower level meeting room.
How to get there:
- By bike: Lovely bike racks await you out front!
- By bus: ESFL is served by a number of Metro Transit routes: 61, 64, and 71. Get details on routes, stops, and schedules at http://metrotransit.org/.
- By car: From I-35E, take the Maryland exit and head east. Turn right a block after Payne. Here's a Google map if you'd like to generate door to door driving directions for yourself. Parking is on the street, so beware of an snow emergency restrictions.
What else?In addition to bringing your self, your joy and compassion, a water bottle of cool H2O is a very good idea.
What is SHHH?SHHH is a crossroads of songs from a variety of places.
- The first road is from Barbara McAfee's Singing in the Light community sing/song circle. SHHH seeks to fill in during their summer "hiatus." Check out her calendar (look for the yellow Singing in the Light events) and come!
- Interested in singing at the bedside of people in fragile health? You can get a dose of what Morning Star Singers and Grace Notes hospice choir do at SHHH.
- In the spring of 2012 the invitation to SHHH was extended to folks who attended All Saints Company's Music that Makes Community workshop to practice leading songs before leading them with congregations.
- Attendees of Arts Responding to Foreclosure's (ARF) Community Singing and Songwriting workshop attend SHHH to continue the camaraderie after their summer 2012 workshop.
- Before 2017, the acronym was Sing Heavenly Harmony Home.
- Who knows what it might be months from now ...
SHHH! Email List Archive: -->