We're hosting a book read of Resmaa Menakem's My Grandmother's Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies*, with Edina Morningside Community Church (UCC) this winter.
If you've read our Reflection for the UCC Musician's Association, then you know how transformative this book is.
There's a few open spots and we're opening up it to the wider community! Would you like join us?
Here's the details:
- 8 sessions, 2 weeks apart except December (see the dates below for full details)
- Two meeting times:
- Tuesday evenings, 7-8 p.m. Central Time - FULL!
- October 27, November 10, 24, December 8, January 12, 26, February 9, 23
- Saturday mornings, 10-11 a.m. Central Time
- October 24, November 7, 21, December 5, January 9, 23, February 6, 20
Please commit to attending as many sessions as you can. And know we understand life is challenging these days! We will likely offer another reading group in the Spring so watch for that if this winter season doesn't work for you.
- To create a brave space for participants, we are limiting each meeting time to 10 folks.
- Register for the meeting day you're interested in
with Liz at email@example.com emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (edited 11/6).
- A love offering is encouraged but not required.