Current Series at the Minnesota State Capitol
When:See the Public Calendar for upcoming days and times. As of this writing (2/8/17), it is scheduled once during the week (Tuesday) and once over the weekend (aiming for Saturday), with shifts in dates to accommodate the schedule of the lead artists.
What Do I Need to Know?
- The songs & movements:
- Spirit of Peace - see the notes on this page for now
- Thy Light Is In All Forms - coming soon
- May All Beings Be Well - coming soon
- Opening Statement of Intent - coming soon
- How long does this take? Once we begin, the practice takes about 30 minutes from where we start in front of the Veterans Service Building to where we finish at the base of the Capitol steps. Some folks like to add a visit inside the Capitol - with the recent renovations mostly complete, I recommend it as well as checking out all the sculptural monuments on the grounds.
- If you'd like to read about our history, you can read these past posts.
- Got questions? Email SoPWalk@pointsoflightmusic.net or call/text 612-756-8011.
Your peaceful presence speaks volumes.
It carries love, a willingness to be vulnerable, and shows strength.
The more often we show up, it shows tenacity and perseverance.
How to get there:
- Public Transit:
- By train: Take Green Line to the Capitol/Rice Street Station behind the building, then walk south towards the Veterans Service Building. OR take the Green Line to the Robert Street Station which to the south east and a block away. Then walk west on Columbus Avenue.
- By bus: Several Metro Transit lines travel by the capitol: 3, 16, 62, 67, 68, 71, 262. Please use https://www.metrotransit.org/ for your planning purposes.
- By bike: Bike racks haven't been spotted, but I'm certain they're around.
- By car: For directions, see the map below.
- On-street parking are city parking meters. You can feed the meter or download the app and pay on your phone.
- Nearby parking lots have a few spaces for public parking (most are for employees by contract). Go to the kiosk near the lot entrance to pay.