Spirit of Peace Walk
When: Starting Sunday, January 15, 2017. Everyday at 2p until Inauguration Day, Jan 20.*
What: Walking/singing Spirit of Peace (see below). If this calls to you, please join me in person or in spirit where you are.
Where: Meeting at Gold Star Table west of the courtyard in front of the Veterans Service Building. (map)
|Gold Star Table with the Minnesota State Capital in the background.|
* Depending on interest, this may continue daily for awhile with a transition to a different frequency (weekly, monthly?) after that.
Spirit of Peace
To your cause we give our strength
That love may reign and wars may cease
Mir, Miru, Mir*
* "Mir, Miru, Mir" is a Russian play for "Peace, peace on earth." (There's a lot more history about this song that I'll share at a different time)
Movements: Please follow the leader for variations on following. Each line corresponds with a line of the chant.
- Start with hands cupped in front of heart, spreading/opening arms out over phrase and walking
- Continuing to Walk, hands on shoulders with people next to you
- Make one Turn in place
- Make a Slow Bow over the course of the phrase
|Dance Doodle: Spirit of Peace|