What: An Experiment in Embodied Worship*
When: Mon, March 25, 2019, 7 p.m.
Where: St. Anne's Episcopal Church
2035 Charlton Road, Sunfish Lake, MN (map below)
Let's breakdown what an Experiment in Embodied Worship is...
- Experiment: An event where ideas are tried to see if they fail or have stickiness. A brave environment where data is collected about what is seen, heard, and felt, with purposes of deepening meaning and gaining wisdom
- Embodied: Being in touch with the sensations of the body as it makes vibrations in sound and movement, by itself and as it comes into consensual contact with other persons.
- Worship: A time and place designed to gather folks peacefully to share similar intentions to love and be of service to others; to ask for support, to wonder why, and be in awe of the miracle of being alive. A time for rituals to center ourselves, express ourselves, and to help us create meaning.
What you can expect:
- Someone to guide you through the experience, letting you know what you need to known, when you need to know it.
- To learn songs that will be taught in the ancient practice of the aural tradition, i.e., paperlessly
- To be invited to move with others, allowing yourself adaptations for self-care and comfort as needed
- To be asked "What did you notice?" about your experience with open curiosity and not expectations of pleasing the guide.
- To offer reflections (data) on what you saw, heard, or experienced at any given moment; to share observations of changes from the beginning, during the middle, and at the end.
- You may experience discomfort, anxiety, joy, peace, power, and everything in-between.
- Some folks will be barefoot and others will wear shoes.
- Seating will be available for those who would like to take in the experience from the center or on the perimeter.
What to bring:
- Yourself and a friend or two (no limit)
- An open and curious mindset and heart
- A Water bottle