I would be remiss if I didn't provide a bit on the bus schedule! Here's a list of buses routes in the near vicinity of St. Thomas. Get more at http://www.metrotransit.org/.
Parking at UST is especially challenging with the current construction projects in progress. Here's some tips about where to park vehicle while you sing.
- During the summer
- Weekends: Most campus lots do not need a permit during the summer, so please use them! The only restrictions are don't park in the handicapped spots unless you have plates or the hanger; meters are still patroled as well as other no-parking signs. Here's a link to campus maps -- use the handy dropdown on the left to see where the various lots are.
- Weekdays: Unfortunately, the campus is pretty busy during the week and the campus lots closest to the library are full. You'll find on-campus parking farther from the central core of campus -- consider it a warmup stroll to raise your heartbeat before singing!
- More details on page 12 of UST's parking guide.
- On-street -- observe the posted signs, take note of hydrants and driveways. Though you can get lucky finding a spot on the campus side of a street, you can also enjoy a lovely stroll through the beautiful residential neighborhoods around UST. Four blocks away is a safe bet.
- During the academic year, the weekends function much like they do during the summer. No permit is needed on campus lots until after 6 p.m. On-street parking is available university side, just mind your signs to confirm. The students are in their last month of the semester so they're hitting the books and campus hard.
Can't wait to see and sing with you soon!