|Walking the labyrinth at Wintermission.|
- Jan-Feb 2016: Invited to make a snow labyrinth for the Friendly Streets Initiative and their Wintermission event at the planned site for the Rondo Commemorative Plaza.
- Mar-Apr 2016: Submitted poster session proposal to The Labyrinth Society's annual meeting based on the Wintermission labyrinth. It is accepted!
- Apr-May 2016: Invited to install a temporary labyrinth by The Trust for Public land at Frogtown Farm's Backyard Fair.
|Two little people walk at the Backyard Farm Fair|
- Jun 2016: Submit a proposal to Springboard for the Art's Ready Go mobile art tools to continue developing the stanchion based labyrinth idea. I find out in a couple of weeks if it's accepted!
* Prepare my poster and handouts for The Labyrinth Society gathering, make travel plans for Houston, TX, and go! (Sept-Nov 2016)
* Attend Veriditas' labyrinth facilitator training in North Carolina. It occurs to me that if I was going to install and facilitate labyrinth walks, it might be a good idea to get the stamp of approval by "the experts." (Aug 2016)
* Bring Field of Reflections to fruition if my Ready Go proposal is accepted! (Jul-Aug 2016)
* Round up financial support. (Now) Although I'm hopeful about receiving a scholarship to attend training and the poster presentation comes with a stipend, I need to raise more funds for travel, lodging, and registration. And if the Ready Go! proposal is not accepted, I already know I want to move forward with the project and will need to raise funds to buy material and commission an artist to create a centerpiece (intrigued? more on that later!). Would you be willing to consider supporting me in one of the following ways?
- Hire me to install a labyrinth (either the simple rectangle or Flower in the Seed design) for an event at church, workplace, or family/friends gathering. Since I already have the materials, you pay for the setup/teardown and time facilitating during the event.
- Or hire me for one of my many other interests:
- a Full Voice workshop with friends, family, or co-workers (ask me for details!)
- a 1:1 Full Voice lesson,
- lead Dances of Universal Peace for an event
- lead community song at an event or worship service or team building session
- facilitating other community art projects for your neighborhood or organization
- providing music for funerals, weddings, other services, and events from the piano and organ bench, voice, flute, baritone ukulele, shruti box
- Contribute to my GoFundMe.com campaign.
Thanks so much for reading my Labyrinth Update! It's an exciting time and I'm grateful to have you along for the company!
Post a Comment