If you're reading this you probably attended the Ascension Women's Society retreat last Saturday morning in Stillwater. I'm still hearing your laughter and singing voices in my ears from that beautiful sunny day!
Here's the setlist of what we sang (with links to online recordings!) and a few other resources we referred to during our time together.
- Welcome to the temple (Doug von Koss)
- Welcome to the table/zoom call (clb)
- Hymn for the Russian Earth (Yuri Zaritsky and Eugene Friesen)
- Loosen, Loosen (Aly Halpert)
- Always (Grace Lee Boggs as quoted in Emergent Strategies by adrienne maree brown/Nathan Holst)
- We got this (clb)
- I am me (Paul Barton)
- Haida (traditional jewish niggun/Dances of Universal Peace) - sorry! I haven't found an online recording of this song. :(
Here's more information for you to explore some of the wide topics we wandered through during our time together. Please feel free to reach out if you'd like to schedule an individual session for voice coaching, spiritual accompaniment, or anything else! Use the Contact Us form or email us at email@example.com.
- Biracial & Rural - a community of care and storytelling space for Black, Indigenious, People of Color (BIPOC) in predominantly white communities. We're in the midst of a fundraising campaign. Would you help us reach our $4,000 goal by the end of June? We're $1,320 away!
- Freeing Refrains - a storytelling space for asking "What binds & liberates us?" with songs &
conversation. Our May 19th gathering features guest storyteller, Rie Gilsdorf. Meet Rie.
- Full Voice Coaching - our laughter play is grounded in this work.
- Spiritual Accompaniment/Direction - listening without judgement
- Atlas of the Heart by Brene Brown - read the concluding chapter at the bookstore or borrow from the library for some incredible insights on what makes meaningful connection.
- Shrutibox.com - The Shruti Box is a simple hand-pumped reed instrument which provides a rich drone background or slightly pulsating constant chord to support singing and musical exploration on any instrument.
- Dances of Universal Peace - a pluralistic practice of prayer and joy in song and communal circle dance
- Music that Makes Community - an organization promoting the culture shifting practice of community singing in ecumenical communities
We have so many commitments and expectations to keep today. Keep tending your soul so you can show up for all of them. Use sound or whatever works for you!