Biracial & Rural* culture
through storytelling events & retreats.
Do you fit the description of
being black, indigenous, person of color
who experienced otherness
in predominantly white rural spaces.
(pick one or several)
- desire to create more community and care
for and with others like yourself?
- want to dig into the Mixed Bill of Rights and
the Oath of Responsibility by Maria P.P. Root
- want to explore the somatic practices
within Resmaa Menakem's My Grandmother's Hands book
with other mixed folks?
- love to share your artistic practice with others?
Or accompany folks on their artistic explorations?
- have space and interest to plan and implement logistics
for an arts-centered retreat for next summer?
* Read more about our thoughts on inclusion,
the limitations of names,
and what we're doing about it here.
Let us know you're interested in serving on the inaugural Biracial & Rural Advisory Board by dropping us a line at the Contact Us form.
If you're interested in attending the inaugural Biracial & Rural Retreat next year, please sign up for the Biracial & Rural newsletter here.
Learn more about our story by attending our Freeing Refrains gatherings. Register here. Then invite a friend or family member to join you!
And help us Spread the Word! More details here.
Post a Comment