Greetings!If you're reading this you probably attended the Wednesday morning class of HNRS 4990 - In the Church & in the Streets: Music that Shapes the Soul & Rocks the World at St. Catherine University, St. Paul, MN.
Here's the setlist of what we sang (with links to online recordings!) and a few other resources we referred to during our time together.
- Lead with Love (Melanie DeMore)
- Push (Liz Digitale Anderson)
- Syncopated Bismillah (words: traditional Islamic; Music & Movements: Fattah Kriner)
Set 1 - Songs from the Streets (with Liz)
- Rise Up (Charon Hribar and Jose Vasquez)
- I Still Hear My Brother/I Can't Breathe (Peace Poets)
- Hand in Hand (Jayanthi Kyle)
- Which Side Are You On, 1912/1931 (Florence Reece)
- Which Side Are You On/Freedom Side (Florence Reece/BLM) - Requiem for Mike Brown, 2014, St. Louis demonstration - background
- Solidarity Forever (Ralph Chaplin) - lyrics
- We Keep Us Safe (Liz Digitale Anderson)
- Gate Gate (Words: from the Prajna-paramita Hridaya Sutra/Music & movements: Nikolai Stromonogov
- Spirit of Peace (Words & movements: Rev. Otto Zing & Neil Douglas Klotz/Music: traditional)
- Thy Light Is In All Forms (words: Hazrat Inayat Khan/Music & movements: Yakzan Valdez)
- Ya Shakur Allah (words: Arabic/music: Maboud and Tara Andrea Brunjes-Swierkosz) - first link to their instructional dance video; this link is to bandcamp.
- We're All Here To Get More Free (Liz Digitale Anderson)
- Heart Songs, virtual song circle: Mon, Mar 14, 6:30-8p. Online. Details here.
- Full Moon Full Voice Song Circle: Fri, Mar 18, 7:30-9p @ Yess Yoga, Mpls. Register here. See more details on fb or this blog.
- Freeing Refrains with guest Merle Geode: Stories, Songs, and Conversation: Thu, Mar 24, 6:30-8:30p. Online. Register here. More details on the blog.
- General in-person song circles
- Sunday Morning Heretics, LGBTIA+ friendly (with Liz)
- Protests & Movement Spaces (with Liz)
- Soul Song, BIPOC-centered circle (with Conie and Liz)
- Dances of Universal Peace (with Conie and Adam) - events planned soon!
- Heart Songs, virtual song circle (with Conie)
- Biracial & Rural, community of care and storytelling space (with Conie)
- Full Voice Coaching (with Conie)