If you're reading this, you probably were part of a staff retreat for MN Dept of Health's Center for Health Equity on Thursday, October 12, 2023. Liz and Conie of Good Trouble were delighted to share with you song and movement that supports healing work at the personal, cultural, and structural levels. It is just a small snapshot of songs, exercises, and everyday rituals that we, Good Trouble, offer. Check out this list on Liz's website. Please reach out if you would like to brainstorm ideas for a particular group.
Below is a list of songs we sang with links to online recordings.
- Gather / We Are Not Alone (Joanna Laws Landis)
- The Center Will Hold (text: Brene Brown, from Atlas of the Heart; music: clb) -
- I did not come here alone (The Peace Poets)
- Welcome to the table/zoom call/circle (clb)
- Risk More for Love (words: Casper ter Kuile; music: Liz Digitale Anderson)
- The Cure for the Pain (text inspired by Rumi; tune: Yam)
- We get there together (Or never get there at all) (Josh Blaine) -
- Louson Drum - Conie has a 12" CajonTab; Liz has one of the Pro series. Get to know a bit of the cajon's musical history here. Use Liz's affiliate link to get 10% off!
- Shrutibox.com run by Ron Kravitz of https://www.musicinthemoment.com/ in Philadelphia, PA
- https://www.musicthatmakescommunity.org/, practices communal song-sharing that inspires deep spiritual connection, brave shared leadership, and sparks the possibility of transformation in our world. Sign up for MMC's newsletter to get the latest details on upcoming workshops.
Love, Liz and Conie, a.k.a. Good Trouble